I'm honored that anyone may be interested in what I have to say about the books I read. I'm equally honored that some authors and publishers would like for me to review their books. I will gladly consider reviewing your book, and here are some general guidelines:
- My preferred genres include horror, crime, noir, suspense, mystery, and thrillers. I will consider other genres, but it's not likely I'll review the book due to time constraints.
- Author/Publisher is responsible for providing a review copy of the book. I prefer e-books (for Kindle) but I'll also review physical copies.
- Reading and review time may be up to four to six weeks. I'm busy and may be juggling different projects and family obligations, so it may take me a little time to get to your book. And I don't do deadlines; I'm happy to try to work with you, but please don't try to impose deadlines.
- Just because I agree to review your book it doesn't mean you will get a shining review. I'm going to be honest and give my thoughts and opinions about the work. I may include format issues in my review, such as poor e-book formatting or the amount of typos I come across.
- While I enjoy editing, I do not provide notes and suggestions from a review read. If you are interested in my editing services, please see this page for more information.
- Review copies of books will not be shared nor given away.
- I will post my review at my blog, Amazon, Goodreads, and mention it on my Twitter account.
- I am open to guest posts, giveaways, and the like.
- If you are interested in having me review your book, please contact me via e-mail. If I decline to review your book at this time, it's nothing personal. I don't have a lot of spare time and I have to choose what's best for me at the time.